The Buffalo Bills have released wide receiver David Nelson.
The team announced the move on its website Sunday afternoon. Nelson is the second wide receiver released from the team after the Bills parted ways with Donald Jones earlier this month.
“We spoke with David Nelson’s agent this morning and informed him that we will not tender David,” Bills GM Buddy Nix told buffalobills.com.
After learning of the news, Nelson turned to Twitter to share his emotions. He tweeted:
“Team called my agent this morning. No tender coming. "I don't know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future!"
However, Nelson also said he was excited for his future, but would miss his teammates.
“Love you guys,” Nelson tweeted. “You’re the Best. Trusting in His (God) plan for me! Excited for the next opportunity. Laying it all down for you Lord!”
In 2012, Nelson suffered a knee injury in the season’s first game, which put him out of commission for the season. Prior to that, Nelson finished the 2011 season with 61 receptions and five touchdowns. In 2010, he had 31 receptions and three touchdowns.
The move means the Bills will likely target a wide receiver during free agency.Tags: Buffalo, Buffalo Bills, Football, NFL
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/qg4