The Buffalo Bills have all the pieces to their coaching staff assembled and have gone right to work in evaluating players, just as head coach Doug Marrone said he wanted to.
“Right now we’re in the early stages of evaluating the guys who are on the roster,” Bills defensive line coach Anthony Weaver told The John Murphy Show, reported by Buffalobills.com. “Pretty soon we’ll get into the unrestricted free agents and the draftees. We’re ahead of the curve as far as the playbook goes, because a lot of the guys have come over from the Jets defense and we already know it. We’re ahead of the curve in that aspect, we’re just in the evaluation stage.”
The Bills are expected to make changes, most notably at the quarterback position as Ryan Fitzpatrick has struggled since signing a lengthy contract extension last season. Although, Marrone chose to defer his judgment until after he evaluates each player when he was asked about the team's quarterback situation shortly after his hiring.
It will also be interesting to see how the coaching staff reacts to Buffalo's secondary and linebackers, two groups that also struggled last season, as well as how they plan to use explosive running back CJ Spiller.
The Bills certainly have work to do in the personnel department, and the new coaching staff appears ready to take on that workload.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Buffalo Bills Begin to Fill in Coaching Staff with Hiring of New Offensive, Defensive Coordinators
- Buffalo Bills Continue to Add to Their Coaching Staff
- Buffalo Bills Increase Coaching Staff with Plenty of Former Orange, Jets Staffers
- Inside the Buffalo Bills’ Coaching Candidates
- Buffalo Bills Walk Down Familiar Path as They Try to Fill Coaching Vacancy
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pgc