Including Marrone and offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, six Bills coaches used to be part of the Orange staff. Another three assistants worked under new Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine when he held the same job with the Jets.
Danny Crossman joined the Bills Monday as the new special teams coach. Jim O'Neil earlier came over from the Jets to be the assistant defensive backs coach. The rest of the staff hired Tuesday is as follows:
- Eric Ciano, strength and conditioning. He was fired New Year's Eve with the rest of the Bills staff but had been with the Bills the previous three seasons under former coach Chan Gailey.
- Donnie Henderson, defensive backs. He'd joined the Orange staff for 2012 and has 28 years of experience, including 10 in the NFL. He was part of the Raven's defensive staff in 2000 that won the Super Bowl.
- Chuck Driesbach, linebackers. The 36-year college veteran was most recently defensive coordinator at Rice University.
- Tyrone Wheatley, running backs. The former Michigan University star spent 10 years in the NFL and coached the backfield at Syracuse the previous three seasons. The Orange averaged 187 rushing yards per game in 2012.
- Greg Adkins, tight ends. He spent the past four seasons as offensive line coach and recruiting coordinator for the Orange. He's coached in college since 1991.
- Anthony Weaver, defensive line. He spent last season as the Jets' assistant defensive line coach. He played seen seasons in the NFL, retiring in 2008 with 260 tackles and 15.5 sacks.
- Brian Fleury, defensive quality control. He's been Towson University's secondary coach and special teams coordinator the past four seasons.
- Samson Brown, assistant defensive backs. He was a Jets coaching assistant in 2010 and 2011. He spent three years before that at the University of Albany.
- Jason Rebrovich, defensive quality control. He was a defensive assistant coach at Syracuse in 2011 and 2012 and defensive coordinator at Cortland State from 2008-10.