Guard Andy Levitre and safety Jairus Byrd are among the Buffalo Bills who may be playing their final games this weekend.
The two members of the draft class of 2009 are among 16 players will will be free agents after the Bills host the Jets on Sunday.
Levitre will start his 64th straight game Sunday and said he's unsure of his status after that:
"I don't know if it's going to be here. I don't know if it's going to be somewhere else … every time that gets brought up, I kind of just try to push it away. Maybe that's something I'll think about on Monday, like, 'Wow, maybe that was my last time.' "
Levitre insists he wants to stay. And Byrd needs to stay. He was robbed of a second Pro Bowl berth this week. He's made 71 tackles on the year with four forced fumbles and five interceptions. He's also the only player on the defense who's consistently made plays when he's been anywhere around the ball this season. He will justifiably command the sort of money paid to star Ravens safety Ed Reed (six years, $44 million), and the Bills would be wise to make that happen.
Here is a complete rundown of the Bills' pending free agents.
- S Jairus Byrd, finishing up a four-year, $4.15 million deal
- RB Tashard Choice, finishing up a one-year, $700,000 deal
- TE/FB Dorin Dickerson, finishing up a one-year, $465,000 deal
- QB Tarvaris Jackson, finishing up a two-year, $8 million deal
- DT Spencer Johnson, finishing up a five-year, $17.5 million deal
- G Andy Levitre, finishing up a four-year, $3.56 million deal
- WR Ruvell Martin, finishing up a one-year, $700,000 deal
- FB Corey McIntyre, finishing up a two-year, $2.5 million deal
- CB Leodis McKelvin, finishing up a five-year, $19.4 million deal
- DE Shawne Merriman, finishing up a one-year, $700,000 deal
- DE Kyle Moore, finishing up a two-year, $1.065 million deal
- LB Bryan Scott, finishing up a one-year, $825,000 deal
- S Mana Silva, finishing up a one-year, $390,000 deal
- QB Tyler Thigpen, finishing up a three-year, $9 million deal
- T Thomas Welch, finishing up a two-year, $990,000 deal
- G Keith Williams, finishing up a one-year, $390,000 deal